Hear from leading TC4RE members on activities underway to increase representation of Ethnic Minorities in the tech sector, where opportunities lie and what we can collectively do to support TC4RE activity
- How diverse is the Channel now compared to last year? Has there been noticeable change?
- What is the Channel doing to improve Ethnic Diversity and inclusion?
- What are the links between greater ethnic diversity inclusion and business benefits?
Vying for a leadership position can be daunting and challenging for any aspiring candidate. For ethnically diverse candidates, they can feel as though there are invisible barriers which either prevent or hinder their chances of reaching executive levels. Join this expert panel of diverse leaders to explore:
- How businesses can encourage more people from ethnically diverse backgrounds to realise careers in tech
- What practical steps can Tech Leaders take to make a change
- What is a realistic goal for the next 12 months?
Employee impact groups are and important vehicle for positive change in organisations and can help employees who volunteer within them to hear experiences of other employees and amplify those voices to influence and create sustainable change. Join this panel of EIG members to hear:
- The challenges and successes of creating and maintaining momentum in employee impact groups post global events of 2020
- The shift from ‘awareness raising’ activities to initiatives that support business activity (for example, attracting future talent into tech careers)
- What takeaways can each EIG recommend for organisations who are building, or growing their internal ethnic diversity EIGs
The number of organisations that are actively focused on D&I activity, expanding their recruitment and people development strategies, and levelling the playing field for minority community groups have grown rapidly in the past few years. This has helped to lay the foundations for inclusive organisations, where everyone is valued for their true, authentic selves. This panel discussion will explore:
- Based on the lessons we’ve learned from the previous panels, how we can take tangible action
- From the experience of the panel what are the first steps we should take and how do we do it?
- What actions do we need to take to maintain momentum of conversations